Several years ago a new company had a great idea and such a great idea that they now have over 2 MILLION customers and is adding about 140,000 accounts per month! More than the “traditional brokerage company” E*TRADE did for ALL of 2016!!! Since interest rates were/are so low they had an idea to offer free stock trading without charging trading commissions which most ALL other brokerage companies charge. Of course, no company can operate without making money so they figured out that if they had enough volume they could earn money by just keeping the interest on funds (some brokerages already do this AND ALSO charge trading commissions) customers had to idle and doing nothing in their trading accounts. This worked and with explosive results! The company founders even had a vision that this could work so well, they made you “wait in line” before you could open an account. I had to wait for over a year before I was approved to open my brokerage account. The Robinhoods app lets you buy and sell stocks for FREE and offers NO minimums for BOTH trading and account sizes!
Years ago this same model was tried by Zecco trading where I had a small account for several years. I finally closed my Zecco account when they started moving from NO minimum accounts to eventually raising account minimums to $25,000. This failed and eventually Zecco Trading was taken over by Trade King.
The Robinhood app is very easy to use to buy and sell securities, only takes about 4 minutes to set up your account and uses state-of-the-art security measures when handling your information. Some brokers delay quotes for up to 20 minutes and even charge for real-time quotes, Robinhood has real-time data totally free. Want to buy 100 shares of a company, no problem, how about 5, go for it, or you can actually buy just one share of any stock you want. When you factor in the trading commissions charged with most all brokers, trading just a few shares of a stock would not in the least bit cost effective. I actually bought 10 shares of a $4 stock at Robinhood with $0 trading costs and did this almost same trade over 15 times taking advantage of “dollar cost averaging”. If I had to pay say a $10 commission “per trade” else ware, trades like this with a 25% (this example) trade commission would not be practicable at all. Robinhood has now saved customers (10-17) over $500,000,000 in commission fees. How much have you saved?
Welcome to FREE stock trading with Robinhood’s app along with OVER 2 million users. Now via my invite, you ALSO receive 1 FREE SHARE OF STOCK valued at between $3 and $200 after you fund your NO MINIMUM account.
The stock you get will be chosen at random. You could get shares of companies like Apple, Ford, or Sprint! The free stock price is valued between $3 and $200, with an overall average of $10. The actual odds of the stock value will receive (from the Robinhood site) are; 80% chance the stock has a value of $3-$10; 18% chance the stock has a value of $10-$50; 2% chance the stock has a value of $50-$200. Almost like a scratch-off lottery ticket, but you are a GUARANTEED winner of one share of FREE stock. My free stock gift was NVDA (I lucked out) and it’s now worth over $200 (11-2017).
If opening brokerage accounts is new to you, just like banks and credit cards, its required for you to give the company your personal information, for example, a statement like this is posted on all legit brokerage and financial sites;
Robinhood requests personal information including financial and tax identification information to comply with U.S. government laws and FINRA rules. We will request personal information from new customers as well as from customers who have had long-standing relationships with us. Robinhood complies with an SEC customer identification rule of the USA Patriot Act of 2001. This rule requires Robinhood to put procedures in place to verify the identity of any person seeking to open an account and to maintain records of their information. Robinhood must also determine whether the customer appears on any lists of terrorist organizations provided to broker-dealers by any government agency. That said, we take the security of all collected data very seriously. We do not intend to use this data for anything other than the fulfillment of our regulatory requirements.