Are you a donut fiend—can’t get enough of those tasty, sugary O’s? If you’ve read enough of this blog, you might be expecting me to shoot down the mere idea of it. Everyone knows that snacks like these, no matter how tasty they are, can really add up your expenses.
But it doesn’t have to be that way. As a matter of fact, I read somewhere once that it’s actually un-American not to indulge occasionally in these decadent little treats. Now I have 24 great reasons to agree with this statement!
Of course everyone knows the 12 free trick, where you buy the first dozen and receive another twelve for free. (If your local store needs a coupon for this ongoing promo, use Retail Me Not for codes or printed coupons to redeem.) But if you know the when and the how of it, every trip to your local Krispy Kreme doesn’t have to be a penny-pinching hassle. In fact, with the 12 tips below, you’ll be able to get free donuts from Krispy Kreme on the regular.
- Some locations will hand out one free donut per person when the “Hot” sign is out.
- If you join the Friends of Krispy Kreme e-club, you’ll receive an email that allows you to redeem a free donut at the nearest store.
- Downloading their e-club app not only helps you avoid the annoyance of paper coupons, it also means that Krispy Kreme will reward you with another donut!
- The first Friday in June is National Donut Day. Mark your calendars and you’ll be able to get a free donut just by showing up! Available for both U.S. and Canadian locations.
- After voting on Election Day, either wear your “I Voted” sticker, or let the employees know if you did an absentee ballot. You’ll receive a free donut for doing so. This one will only work at certain participating locations, so maybe call your store ahead of time to confirm that your vote can win you this delicious freebie.
- If you remain a member of the e-club, you will receive a free donut for your birthday. Way to make a sweet day even sweeter!
- Veterans only: on Veteran’s day, show up for not just a free donut, but a free cup of coffee as well!
- If you love dressing up for Halloween, wear your costume to participating Krispy Kreme stores for yet another (spooky) donut. Trick or treat indeed!
- Swing by on National Coffee Day on September 29th to grab your free donut and cup of coffee.
- Not a trick—on April Fool’s Day, some participating locations will give you a free donut.
- Some stores offer a free donut in celebration of Daylight Savings Day in March. Hopefully it’ll brighten up your whole day!
- Little known fact: “Talk Like a Pirate Day” happens mid-September. Call your local store to find out when it plans to celebrate in order to lock down your 12th free treat.
If you’re interested in even more Krispy Kreme freebies, discounted gift cards, bonus SBs, and other kinds of free food from up to 44 different food places, just by using the simple technique I’ve written about here. Happy snacking!